Google Maps round Pole
Clyde Coastal Path
Clyde Coastal Path
Here is the Constitution of the Clyde Coast Path. This Constitution was adopted at
a meeting of CCP on 2020-
Iain R White
CLYDE COASTAL PATH
1. The name of the organisation shall be Clyde Coastal Path, hereinafter referred to as CCP.
2. CCP is an Unincorporated Association governed by this Constitution. It commenced
1. To develop, maintain and promote the Clyde Coastal Path from the Kelly Burn to Milngavie with a braid over the muir and round the coast to Gourock and spurs to Paisley and Partick Railway Station as an easily accessible walking route in either direction.
2. To have ambition to include multiuse facilities when and where practical.
The Board may:
1. Raise money
2. Open bank accounts
3. Take out insurance
4. Engage with volunteers to maintain and improve the path facilities
5. Acquire and manage equipment
6. Organise events
7. Work with other groups and exchange information
8. Do anything that is lawful and which will help to achieve its objectives
D) ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE BOARD (AGM)
1. The AGM will appoint the Board which shall consist of not less than 6 nor more than 12 persons over 18 years of age whose skills and interests are apposite to the CCP objectives.
2. The AGM will appoint a Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer from within their number and they all be required to be reappointed annually. The term Chairman is not gender specific. Path Guardian will also be appointed by the Board, usually from within their number.
3. Members of the Board will be called Directors.
4. The Financial and Administrative Year shall run from July 1 to June 30.
5. Directors will serve from the start of the Administraive Year and retire on the last day of the appropriate Administrative Year.
6. One third of the Board will retire annually. A retiring member can seek re-
7. An Independent Examiner shall be appointed by the AGM but will not serve on the Board. The Examiner will scrutinise the Accounts prior to acceptance by the Board.
8. New members will be appointed by the AGM as required. The Board may co-
9. Directors must receive at least twenty one days' notice of an AGM.
10. An AGM may only make decisions on motions notified to members with the minimum notice, normally on the notice calling the meeting.
11. The AGM is normally held close to the end of the Administrative Year but allowing time for new office bearers to prepare to take up their rôles at the start of the new Year.
1. All decisions will be made by consensus and if required the Chairman shall have a casting vote.
2. There will be no financial contribution or subscription required to become a Director. Neither will there be any remuneration
3. Directors may claim reasonable expenses for moneys spent of behalf of the CCP. Expenses will be approved by the Chairman except those of the Chairman whose own expenses will be approved by a different Director, normally the Treasurer.
1. CCP shall be a non-
2. CCP may seek funds from other organizations such as, but not limited to, those running parts of the CCP, currently usually Rotary Clubs, and may disperse excess funds as per Dissolution.
3. Any bank accounts opened by CCP shall be in the name of CCP.
4. Dr Vincent Cuddihy’s rights as author of the Guidebook for the path have been assigned until further notice to CCP resulting in income from sales for CCP.
5. The Treasurer shall keep appropriate financial records to enable a financial report to be submitted to meetings of the Board and to prepare a Receipts and Payments Account for the financial year.
6. The Receipts and Payments Account and Statement of Funds shall be examined by an independent person who shall report to the Board within six months of the year end.
G) EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING (EGM)
1. All members of the Board shall be entitled to attend and vote.
2. An EGM can make any decision within the competence of an AGM.
3. An Extraordinary Board meeting may be called by any 4 Directors to discuss an urgent matter. The Secretary, or exceptionally any Director, shall give all members of the Board twenty one days’ notice of the date of the meeting and the business to be discussed.
H) ALTERATIONS TO THE CONSTITUTION
Any changes to this Constitution can be made only at an AGM or an EGM.
CCP may be wound up at any time if agreed by two-
This Constitution was adopted at a meeting of CCP on 2020-